CBD is one of the many “cannabinoids” (no less than 85) that can be found in hemp and cannabis. Being an important constituent of the plant, CBD accounts for at least 40% of its extracts. It is a major phytocannabinoid that has a broader range of medical applications and benefits when compared to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and is recognized for its sedative effects according to various tests (while other studies indicate it enhances alertness).
But what’s really interesting is that CBD has minimum or no side effects at all. Since CBD does not act significantly due to its biological effects, the chances of any individual suffering from psychotropic effects (the main trait of other marijuana derivatives) are next to none. This should explain why it has higher potential for being used for the development of various medicines in the field of pharmaceutical research.
Studies on CBD Benefits
- Anxiety and Depression study by Lisa Cicetti, Psy.D. LMHC, BE ndbraintherapy.com showed positive results when using CBD for Anxiety and CBD for Depression.
- Diabetes study by PubMed.gov showed positive results when using CBD for Diabetes.
- Schizophrenia study by PubMed.gov showed positive results when using CBD for Schizophrenia.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) article by PubMed.gov outlines the possibility of using CBD for PTSD.
- Epilepsy study by PubMed.gov showed positive results when using CBD for Epilepsy.
- Inflammation & Pain study by Study showed positive results when using CBD for Inflammation.
- These are just a few among many studies that can be found online
Is it Legal?
CBD obtained from legally grown hemp plants, included in our products is legal in all 50 states. All products contain less than 0.03% THC as required by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) to be legal for sale. The products are not intended for use by minors under 18 years of age without adult supervision even though there are no psychoactive (“high”) effects and has been used safely by children and adults for many years.